Re: open issues with the hppa port

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM, LaMont Jones<lamont@mmjgroup.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 02:06:36PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM, dann frazier<dannf@dannf.org> wrote:
>> What happened to sarti? Loosing a box like that would certainly add
>> load to the others.
>
> Sarti failed to power on one day.

As in you can access GSP but it won't load anything? If so, I've seen
that on a couple of my boxes. Usually a replacement of the GSP board
(and possibly the power regulator) fixes it. At least it did for me...
I've also seen PSU failures, I've been able to fix some of them.

I see sarti seems to be a regular A500-5X. I happen to have a scrapped
A400 with a bogus PSU (not entirely dead, seems like high voltage goes
off, been unsuccessful at fixing it so far). If necessary, I might be
able to collect the GSP board from that machine and send it some
place, assuming it's compatible with an A500's (I'm expecting it would
require a modelname change, which needs MFG mode access password,
which can only be obtained by an HP employee). Just thinking out loud,
but the possibility's there.

HTH

--
Thibaut VARENE