Re: open issues with the hppa port

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:10:23AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM, dann frazier<dannf@dannf.org> wrote:
> >> I think the way forward is:
> >> * You get me a console trace.
> >> * I give you an instrumented kernel/initrd.
> >> * Repeat.
> >
> > *nod*
>
> Trimming CC.
>
> > fyi, now that I've started logging the console, penalosa has become
> > strangely stable:
> >
> > dannf@penalosa:~$ uptime
> >  16:57:22 up 1 day, 20:00,  2 users,  load average: 1.99, 2.46, 2.30
> >
> > The first several boots on this kernel wouldn't make it more than an
> > hour or two.
>
> Hey! Problem solved! ;-)
>
> Please keep me updated on any crashes.
>
> How many debian buildd's are there for hppa? What are their names?
> What hardware are they? Can you get me a detailed list?

Debian runs 4 hppa boxes, and I think all of them are building these
days.

lafayette is hosted by Thibaut @ ESIEE - I'm not sure what hardware it
is or what kernel it runs. It only does security builds as I
understand it, which should keep the load relatively low.

The remaining boxes are hosted here in Fort Collins.

paer - this is supposed to be a porterbox (developer access, no
buildd), but we've been running a buildd on it for a while because of
its relative stability. It is an A-class (PA8700 - 750MHz) paer runs a
standard lenny kernel (2.6.26-based).

peri and penalosa are identical boxes - both "model 9000/785/J6700".
They are the ones we currently have running 2.6.31-rc6 kernels.

> >> Are you allowed to boot a kernel/initrd that I send you?
> >
> > I don't see why not, assuming these changes don't add a risk of
> > producing bad binaries.
>
> To be safe, I think we should be throwing away the packages built when
> running the instrumented kernel. Is there a way we can do that? Can
> you find that out for me?

That would probably need to be answered by LaMont - he's the buildd
admin for these boxes.

--
dann frazier