Re: Install Woody on 715/50

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 18:13, Damien wrote:

> > Unfortunally, the keyboard still doesn't work correct. It seems like the
> > /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz is not the correct file. It's an US
> > keyboard. The machine isn't that fast so I see a message that the keymap
> > has been loaded.
> I have got the same machine, but with a french keyboard.
> However, I remember that there were problems if a specific
> keyboard was chosen during the install of Debian. During
> install, the default choice must be used for keyboard layout
> (or the step skipped).
> By doing this, I always end up with a usable keyboard that
> use a qwerty layout.

I got it working. I already used the default keyboard selection when
installing Debian. But as I noticed no keymap file being loaded when
starting the installation I completely removed the boottime.kmap.gz
file. So I think the HIL driver now uses a really default keymap and I
also end up with a usable keyboard.

Thanks you all for replying and supporting me.

Kind regards,
Roland Leurs