Re: Install Woody on 715/50

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:14:26PM +0100, Roland Leurs wrote:
> Once I have installed the operating system and reboot, I have no way to
> do
> something usefull on the console. Can anyone point me to the right
> direction?

After installing the base system, but before installing the boot loader
(and before rebooting for the first time), choose the option to start a
shell from the installer. From here, you can cp the .deb to the /target
filesystem, and chroot /target. Then you can simply dpkg -i the
newer kernel image, exit the shell to return to the installer, and
finish the installation.

Regards,
--
Kyle McMartin