Install Woody on 715/50

Hi HPPA friends,

I'm trying to install Woody on my HP Apollo 715/50. This machine has
only
a 1.0 GB SCSI drive and a network interface. No CDROM, no floppydrive.
So
I have to install Woody over the network. This is no problem so far, the
system boots over the network and starts the installation with a running
kernel 2.4.22. All seems to work fine.

But during the install I run into problems as it installs kernel 2.4.17.
After rebooting the system, the HIL keyboard doesn't work correct. So I
cannot configure the system. I've looked for a solution and the only one
is to upgrade to at least kernel 2.4.18. It is on my CD, but how do
I force to install this one instead of 2.4.17?

Once I have installed the operating system and reboot, I have no way to
do
something usefull on the console. Can anyone point me to the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,
Roland Leurs