Re: hgettext still having strange incompatibilities to cabal install

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 30.12.2014, 14:59 +0100 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> I just tried to do this and noticed that the problem is something
> completely different.
> hgettext build-depends on libghc-cabal-dev. I thought that would be
> sufficient to ensure that the newer library is installed for building,
> but didn't notice that ghc provides libghc-cabal-dev. This means that
> libghc-cabal-dev just wasn't installed during building.
>
> Adding a version constraint to the build-dependency might cut it, but
> it would require to update that every time cabal is updated.

Not quite: Every time cabal is updated _and_ cabal-install is made to
build against that version.

> I would
> tend to add something like "Provides: cabal-install-cabal-library" to
> libghc-cabal-dev and male hgettext depend on that. That way hgettext
> should always be built against the right version.

To me that seems to be overkill (at least until there is more than just
hgettext that need to be synchronized).

Better: Add an autopkgtest to hgettext that makes sure that things work
out. This way we are notified when we mess up, and the fix is always
simple.