Re: hgettext still having strange incompatibilities to cabal install

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 27.12.2014, 15:46 +0100 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> Quite a while ago we added a build-dependency for libghc-cabal-dev to
> hgettext to assure that it uses the same cabal library as cabal
> install. However, all builds I looked at (the ones in jessie, sid and
> experimental) have a runtime dependency on the ghc version of cabal and
> cabal install again has problems with the Setup.hs files, which contain
> hgettext functions.
>
> My guess is that hgettext is build against the older version, even
> though the newer is available. Does anyone know what we can do about
> this?

thanks for looking at this issue; it completely dropped off my screen.

What are the symptoms of this again? Does it affect jessie? Is this
release critical?

If we need to make sure that hgettext ist build against the newer
version, we should patch it’s .cabal file.