Re: Recipe for debianizing Haskell packages?

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 09.07.2009, 09:47 +0200 schrieb Ketil Malde:
> My own stuff, the bioinformatics library, dependent applications, and
> the depended-on libraries, if necessary.
>
> I got criticised (in a review of a draft paper) for my program being
> hard to install on Debian, so I thought .deb's would be the way to fix
> that :-)
>
> If the software isn't wanted in Debian, I'd be happy to host my own
> aptable repo.  We could also set up a common repo for Hackage stuff not
> (yet) in Debian - sort of a pre-unstable staging ground.

I’m not saying it’s not, I’m just saying we should give it a thought.
There is already some bioinformatics software in Debian, so it should be
ok – especially if it’s full applications, and not just “libraries that
might be useful to some developers”.