Re: Recipe for debianizing Haskell packages?

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:

> Ketil, please remember that there is not only the question of how to
> package a library, but also whether; not everything on hackage should
> also be in Debian. For example the few lines of code in
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/higherorder are not worth a package
> yet, at least not unless an important library/program depends on it.

> What do you plan to package?

My own stuff, the bioinformatics library, dependent applications, and
the depended-on libraries, if necessary.

I got criticised (in a review of a draft paper) for my program being
hard to install on Debian, so I thought .deb's would be the way to fix
that :-)

If the software isn't wanted in Debian, I'd be happy to host my own
aptable repo.  We could also set up a common repo for Hackage stuff not
(yet) in Debian - sort of a pre-unstable staging ground.

-k