Re: Recipe for debianizing Haskell packages?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 08.07.2009, 22:07 +1000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> I also just found this :
>
>     http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Creating_Debian_packages_from_Cabal_package
>
> and the first method there looks pretty damn close to me :-).

Given that it’s written by Marco, who did most of the recent development
with haskell-devscripts, this is indeed pretty accurate. (I mostly copy
from one of his packages, which is, in the end, the same thing).

I think the haskell-utils part of that page can be removed.

Am Mittwoch, den 08.07.2009, 14:04 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> Finally, there is the issue of group policy. I'm not sure what the
> current situation is regarding git vs darcs and so on so I'll let
> someone else (Joachim ;)) inform you about that. The wiki seems
> outdated here.

It’s still open. Nobody has wildly opposed either git or darcs, just
preferences were expressed. Given that pet.cgi exists for darcs now, but
not for git, I see an advantage there, but I’m not going to force
anyone. I think a consensus will be reached in a short time just by
seeing which one is used more actively.

Ketil, please remember that there is not only the question of how to
package a library, but also whether; not everything on hackage should
also be in Debian. For example the few lines of code in
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/higherorder are not worth a package
yet, at least not unless an important library/program depends on it.

What do you plan to package?