Recipe for debianizing Haskell packages?

Hi,

I've long been wanting to package up my Haskell packages for Debian
(and Ubuntu, which I'm using), and have made some half-hearted
attempts earlier.

One problem has been that the various, incomplete, out of date or just
hard to follow recipes I've found.

Is there a simple, up-to-date, recommended set of instructions I can
follow, with no previous knowledge about the structure of a .deb?

Also, how should I structure the packaging - should I include the
debian-specific information in my darcs source archive, should I make
a separate darcs repo (and should it contain only debian/, or should I
pull the source as well?), or do I need to use git for this?

-k