Re: [Debian-haskell] Activity?

John Goerzen wrote:

> First off, Cabal is a packaging system and library, not a command.

I actually meant the cabal exexutable that gets installed from say
cabal-install-0.6.0.tar.gz.

> Most
> programs that use it ship a file called Setup.hs or Setup.lhs that you
> compile using ghc, or run with runghc.
>
> I had not heard of apt-file before; thanks.

Apt-file is brilliant. Yet another reason to  use debian packaging :-).

> dpkg -S ByteString  will give you what you want.  I don't know if
> apt-file is trying to match the full filename, or maybe you have a very
> old version of Debian.

As Ian Lynagh pointed out I was searching for byestring not bytestring.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"Or here's an even simpler indicator of how much C++ sucks: Print out
the C++ Public Review Document. Have someone hold it about three feet
above your head and then drop it. Thus you will be enlightened."
 -- Thant Tessman