Re: [Debian-haskell] Activity?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 13.01.2009, 11:45 +1100 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> I've been on this mailing list for a week and I have not seen any
> traffic at all.

Not that there is much more traffic, but we have moved to
debian-haskell@lists.debian.org by now, please reply to that list.

Where did you read the old mailing list?

> As a long term user of Ocaml and a relatively new user of Haskell
> I find the packaging of Ocaml tools and libraries on Debian far
> superior to that of Haskell.

Can you be more specific? What are the Ocaml people doing better in your
opinion?

> Is there any any interest in improving Haskell support?

there is interest, but it seems manpower and motivation is lacking. I
hope things will get rolling when the new ghc hits unstable or
experimental. One of my wishes is to consolidate the two packaging
helpers (haskell-utils and haskell-devscripts). The former has been put
up for adoption by Ian, and I’m not sure if kaol, the new ghc
maintainer, has already stepped up to take it over. The latter is
maintained by Arjan Oosting, and he seems to be busy (or I’m just not
reaching him with my suggestsions). So things are quite slow ATM.