Re: Do we need fldigi?

* Joop Stakenborg <pg4i@xs4all.nl> [2007 Feb 23 12:03 -0600]:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:19:47 -0800
> Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net> wrote:
>

> > A new version of fldigi (1.30) came out today.  I just grabbed it and
> > will give it a try.
> >

> Harv didn't like the feel of fldigi compared to gmfsk.
> What's your experience?

To be honest.  I much prefer the UI of gmfsk to fldigi.  I think that
fldigi is right now technically superior.  I have run up against some
UI bugs in 1.23 which may have been worked on in 1.30.

Other than a bit of a horrid color scheme that doesn't blend with my
KDE schema, and the lack of keystroke accelerators as those in gmfsk, I
find fldigi to be a fine program.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of