Re: Do we need fldigi?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 06:26:24AM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Joop Stakenborg <pg4i@xs4all.nl> [2007 Feb 22 01:26 -0600]:
> > Would it be worthwhile packaging fldigi: http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html
> >
> > We already have gmfsk, another multimode application....
>
> Yes.
>
> It seems that fldigi is receiving development attention these days.  It
> is very good technically with a very sound implementation of the
> various modes.  The UI is still rough and I've noted a few interesting
> bugs (I need to try it again since switching computers in the shack as
> the other one had some problems).
>
> I think that fldigi would benefit from the increased exposure that
> being in Debian would bring.
>
> Here's my vote for packaging fldigi.

I've been meaning to look into it. Happy to co-maintain with
debian-hams. I have been following the relevant list (linuxhams at
yahoogroups) for a while, and some code of mine is in there (the
DominoEX modem).

One issue is that it requires FLTK 2.0 which we don't seem to have in
Debian currently (even in unstable).

Hamish