Re: Do we need fldigi?

Well, from a fldigi user and a former user of gMFSK for quite some time, I do think that fldigi needs to be available in Debian.

I don't understand why the static version could not be used to create the .deb, then fltk, nor hamlib from source would be needed. I was going to create a .deb using checkinstall, but it is not available in Etch. That along with the fact that since Dave started the static version, issuing the make command from a terminal is all that is needed to install fldigi. Hopefully someone will enlighten me as to why the app needs to be debianized from source.

The xml is relatively new to fldigi and Dave is handling these on a one on one basis. The TT 536 xml that I use is stable and works well.

On the current version that I am using Dave has cleaned up the UI somewhat and introduced some new features that will help the newbie, not only to fldigi, but to Linux in general.

Rein, PA0R uses fldigi in his pskmail server/clint app and has said that he is pleased he made the change from gMFSK.

I say please consider adding fldigi to Debian, it can't be any better or worse than some of the ham apps already in Debian.....73

Ed W3NR

fldigi Alpha team member