Re: Is there some kind of full duplex wireless software...

 > I thot it wuz obvious in the phrase, 'difficult terrain' and other
 > points in my postings, that I *DO NOT* have line of sight.
 > I live in the Ozarks, have been poking into this for a while. There is
 > an outfit that offers hi-speed wireless, but it is using 900mhz
 > transmitters, which wont even penetrate the canopy, much less get down
 > into any of the hollows. 802 and *all* of the other commercially
 > available wireless network equipment is useless. People cant even get
 > UHF TV unless they live on a ridgetop.
 >
 > All I wanted to know was, how to interface the analogue signal. It
 > seemed evident that the capablilities of the sound card was already
 > there to do that, and work with the kind of bandwidth that standard FM
 > stereo transmitter designs already know how to produce. If anyone here
 > knew of software to do that, I think we would have heard of it by now.

There are several problems with the model you're pursuing:

First, you need to find bandwidth in the frequency range you're talking
about, and I doubt that you can do so.  You won't get a license for
wideband digital emissions, the channels at those frequencies are
typically limited to 20 kHz or less (voice channels), and there's
not much ISM space.

Second, the sound card won't give you anywhere near the bandwidth
you want.  You probably won't be able to get air signalling rates
any faster than dialup.

Third, the FM stereo transmitter operates in the neighborhood of 100
MHz; I thought you wanted to be lower in frequency.

If it's just yourself you're connecting, or a small number of friends,
you might look into what it takes to get small antennas above the
canopy on poles, and to place one or more relays on ridges.  If you
can do this, then you have more options.

De