Re: Is there some kind of full duplex wireless software...

Nate Duehr wrote:

There are plenty of applications that can take an audio input through a soundcard and digitize it and send it to another PC to be turned back into audio. "Full-duplex" would just mean that you're doing that both directions.

That's kewl, but I didnt wanna turn it back into audio, but use it as a data stream to... Mozilla. so- when it is digitized, its I spose, 8 or 16 bit, such as I've seen SB cards for years. But then is that 8bits, 1 byte/millisecond, or what? What would be the DTR of the sound card?

Your comments about frequencies don't apply to a PC or software. For that you probably need a device called... wait for it... a radio!

Well, yeah, but I've seen a chip that says it can respond to commands out the com port to set the RF frequency. That way, I could use lower range VHF to a PC terminal in town, (10km away over impossible terrain) to get ADSL on my desktop in the boonies. Out beyond the urban fringe, there's lotsa dead air, and if the com port software to provide spread spectrum, it wouldnt interfere with any of the local commercial broadcasts, and nobody would even know I was narrowcasting.

There's no way to cope with spam using 9600 baud packet. I dont need that kind of range anyway. Let the hams keep the bandwidth.

But if the software aint out there to take a stereo audio I/O at the sound card, and convert that to a data stream on the PCI bus, I'll havta go to the debian programers to see if they can advise me.