Re: GNOME 3.8 in unstable?

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 11:40:00AM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> > I sincerely would like some means of testing this new gnome-shell, but
> > right now its dependencies are too entangled in experimental mess. Maybe
> > it's only an updated gnome-core or gnome package that is missing in
> > experimental.
>
> Well that was installing gnome-shell and friends and removing
> gnome-panel and friends, which seems sensible to me. If you want
> gnome-panel et al, try to install them afterwards, but they may need
> rebuilds for the stuff that is in experimental (most notably
> evolution-data-server 3.8) which we haven't done, so it's very likely
> that you can't have gnome-panel together with gnome-shell 3.8 just
> yet.

Actually, I was hit by the similar situation on experimental/sid mix
system after careless dist-upgrade :-)

gnome-panel is only 3.4.2 (no experimental).

maybe with some erratic aptitude activity and gnome-session-fallback
depending on <3.5, my 3.8 installation got broken.  So it is not simple
and easy ...  These minor gliches of aptitude tends to bite me.

Now I am under xfce ... maybe later, I will get back.

Osamu