Re: GNOME 3.8 in unstable?

Am 21.08.2013 00:07, schrieb Ben Finney:
Patrick Rudin <rudinp@solnet.ch> writes:

Johannes Rohr <jorohr@gmail.com> wrote:

I see that something has been moving, but I wonder wehn the 3.8
versions  evolution, gnome-shell, empathy etc. will make it into sid.
http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libcogl12.html

I would guess in the next three days...
Thanks, Patrick. Is that the final transition holding GNOME 3.8 back?

Looking at the packages.qa.d.o pages for evolution, nautilus, empathy and gnome-shell, it doesn't look like there are any more pending transitions affecting these packages. I would thus really be very thankful to the developers if they could complete the upload of GNOME 3.8 to unstable. For me, at least Evolution 3.4 seems to work very poorly with the current mix of GNOME 3.4 and 3.8, however, filing bugs about this seems to make little sense, as I would hope that they are transient.

Or is there any principal reason not to update the remaining portions of the GNOME desktop in Debian?

Thanks,

Johannes