Re: GNOME 3.8 in unstable?

Le 02/09/2013 14:05, Johannes Rohr a écrit :
> Am 21.08.2013 00:07, schrieb Ben Finney:
>> Patrick Rudin <rudinp@solnet.ch> writes:

>>> http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libcogl12.html
>>>
>>> I would guess in the next three days...
>> Thanks, Patrick. Is that the final transition holding GNOME 3.8 back?
>>
> Looking at the packages.qa.d.o pages for evolution, nautilus, empathy
> and gnome-shell, it doesn't look like there are any more pending
> transitions affecting these packages. I would thus really be very
> thankful to the developers if they could complete the upload of GNOME
> 3.8 to unstable. For me, at least Evolution 3.4 seems to work very
> poorly with the current mix of GNOME 3.4 and 3.8, however, filing bugs
> about this seems to make little sense, as I would hope that they are
> transient.
>
> Or is there any principal reason not to update the remaining portions of
> the GNOME desktop in Debian?

I tried ; this is currently very difficult, because systemd is quite
intricated with gnome-shell. Switching everything at the same time (a
new xserver-xorg-core was installed, but without any video driver) broke
all of my system.

BTW switching to systemd in experimental is also quite difficult because
of a conflict with libaudit0/libaudit1 (and libaudit-common).

--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq