Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 02:30:32PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Actually, I knew about ^L for a long time but I can't remember
> > having
>
> So you are on of enlightened ?

I just happened to read the relevant reviews on the news sites. The same
also made me aware of the fact that these issues have been hashed out
and talked to death many times before, that's why I am not very happy
about this discussion here.

But as I noted in another mail, I think having a Help button which
explains the possible courses of action a bit better (or having them
prominently in the GNOME users guide) would not hurt.

> > used it more than once or twice. So I totally disagree with your
> > (subjective) opinion here.
>
> Well. Ok. You also disagree with the fact that tab completition (or ESC
> competition on those SGI boes i used to use) is a long standing unix
> tradition ?

No, but tab completion works here after pressing ^L, so I don't see
where the issue is. As you may have noticed, I opted for tab-completion
in Epiphany myself, but I will ask the upstream maintainers about it.

Michael