Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

<quote who="Miles Bader">

> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> >> I have long since acknowledged that any real sanity and innovation is
> >> coming from the GNOME people and *not* Debian. We just package up their
> >> stuff and make sure the underlying kernel and GNU userland work. So I
> >> believe your remarks here are quite off the limit.
> >
> > The new gnome way means that we are not supposed to use deep directory
> > structures, and that we should not use tab completition.
>
> Is this the "maintain user satisfaction by pruning your userbase"
> strategy?

No, that's "Sven having a whinge on a list that won't get him any results".

> Are there any interesting forks of Gnome around?

So, you're having a discussion on debian-gtk-gnome, which is not a general
interface with upstream, and you're not getting any results... and then you
decide you want to use a fork of GNOME?

Perhaps, instead, it would make sense to talk about the changes with
upstream, and have the problem fixed! Note that at no stage has upstream
said "this is not a problem" -> it's thoroughly understood that it is (but
you'd have to be prepared for the possibility that it may not be solved in
exactly the way you'd prefer it).

So please, instead of having an extended, pointless thread (with grinding
and gnashing of teeth) on this list, take your concerns upstream where they
can actually be addressed.

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

            ...                           *bounce*bounce*bounce*