Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 11:02:05AM +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Martin-Éric Racine wrote :
>
> > 2) The fact that it was hidden in GTK2.4+ is a _BUG_ not a feature.
>
> Sure, some of us Debian maintainer (or not) thinks so and we can
> continue whining on this list.

Well, i am not sure if i am wrong, but for the package i maintain, i
provide an interface between the users and upstream. And i think this is
a reasonable way to handle packages, and somehow believe that that is
what is expected of debian maintainers. And here is the right place to
speak to the debian-gnome maintainers. But then, i don't know, maybe i
am wrong about this.

Now, if the debian/gnome maintainers tell us, we agree with this, but
upstream doesn't want to hear a thing about it, either provide a patch,
or help us getting the right idea upstream by writing it to that list,
then ok.

But still, i believe that the debian/gnome maintainers, if they agree
with this "whinning", would be fortified by knowing that many of their
users and co-developer feel the same way, and can then go to upstream
with the legitimity of speaking about the debian user base.

So, either i am totally off, or this discussion has some usefullness.

And no, i don't want to be transformed into a Ctr+ addict, or a stupid
windows user if i want to continue to use gnome.

And remember the HIG, there should be not a lot of options, but the
right default, and Ctr+ stuff to make the Gnome desktop usable is akin
of lot of options in some way.

Friendly,

Sven Luther