Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

> Dudes!  You're getting WAAAAAY too complicated for just a logout/shutdown
> dialog.  I don't think such patches (way too complex) are at all likely to
> get official through to gnome-session.

But it fits my needs. I want to click a radio button, see immediately
if it has traversed into GDM, click OK or press Ctrl-Alt-Del and be able
to leave the machine. No waiting for an error/success message dialog or
even until the 'Going down NOW...' message appears on the console.

The asynchrone solution is less error prone than the simple solution. I
mean, if my solution has a bug or if there's a upcoming incompatibility
between GDM and gnome-session, you'll more likely notice it at logout
time.

Best regards,
Jarno

PS: In case the connection dies, all buttons become grey; hit
'Cancel' and reinvoke the logout dialog. Or just hit 'OK' if the
correct action was selected before.