Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

> > (Well, theoretically he could outsmart the lockup by hitting cancel
> > and fireing up the logout dialog again, getting 15 more clicks)
>
> You should not really hang in the connection.  I'd just initiate a new
> connection and do authentication on every action.  It really doesn't take
> all that long.  So every time the user clicks, open connection, auth,
> do the command, close.  That way you're not hogging the connection
> anyway.

I went for the persistent connection because I had another possible
feature in mind:   Multiuser spying!!!

The logout dialog could have an entry telling you how many other users
currently are logged in (or easier to code: how many other sessions are
open). To have it updated in real time you need a persistent connection,
or GDM had to connect to gnome-session. Or you have to do polling - but
polling is even more evil than connecting to gnome-session.

> > I agree to Jeff, but I'd maintain the patch until it becomes official.
> > Well, at most for 10 years or so...
>
> Don't worry, it doesn't take that long to commit to cvs :)

I know that you're fast :-)  I just worried that it might never
get official.

Best regards,
Jarno