gnome-theme-manager stopped working

Hello,

I've updated from gnome 2.2 to gnome 2.4 using the debs from unstable.
The update worked fine except gnome-theme-manager stopped working. When
I start gnome-theme-manager I get the following error:

|The default theme schemas could not be found on your system.  This means
|that you probably don't have metacity installed, or that your gconf is
|configured incorrectly.

Metacity isn't installed as I use sawfish and want continue using it.

Is this an error in the gnome-control-center package, a temporal problem
until gnome 2.4 is complete (or is it already complete?) or a problem
with the local configuration as the message mentions?

Michael