Debian splash screen (was: Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more)

Le lun 10/11/2003 à 17:12, Ross Burton a écrit :
> In my opinion, the only sensible way to override the splash screen is
> for gnome-session to depend on desktop-base, with gnome-session.postinst
> writing a new default value to the defaults GConf store (not modifying
> the .schemas file).  This way I get to keep my funky disco splash, and
> everyone else gets the cool Debian-branded splash.  Finally add a note
> to the README.Debian with the one-liner to reset the splash screen back
> to the upstream image, in case anyone really wants it.

Speaking of Debian splashscreen, the currently provided one is awful.
Why not shipping one of those present on
http://art.gnome.org/themes/splash_screens/index.php ?

Something like
http://art.gnome.org/download/themes/splash_screens/538/Splash-Debian2.png or http://art.gnome.org/download/themes/splash_screens/488/Splash-Debian_red.png or even http://art.gnome.org/download/themes/splash_screens/487/Splash-EvolvingTux.png would be way better, IMO.

	Xav