Re: Today's the day...

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 02:10:03PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 12:48, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > You cannot use xrandr with the 4.2.1 debian packages currently in
> > sid/sarge. For that you need the experimental 4.3.0 packages. I don't
> > know that debian ships the kdrive server, but i may be wrong.
> >
> > So for all practical purpose here, we can only have randr support with
> > the 4.3.0 packages in experimental, unless someone packages standalone
> > client side libraries or something such.
> >
> > Is this right then ? Or should i rebuild my gnome-randr-applet package
> > against 4.2.1 xlibs and have it already included in debian/sid instead
> > of having it waiting for the 4.3.0 packages to reach sid.
>
> No, I just tried building it in a pbuilder sid chroot, and configure
> failed with:
>
> checking for XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate in -lXrandr... no
> configure: error: "Suitable Xrandr extension library not found - you
> need at least X 4.3"

Which is as it seemed to me.

> But it doesn't seem to actually use XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate ...

I think it is just checking for one of the presence of RandR in the
library. It uses XRRSetScreenConfig and others though.

> Anyway, while we're at it, you can cut down the build dependencies to
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.0.0), libgnomeui-dev,
> libpanel-applet2-dev, libxrender-dev, xlibs-dev (>> 4.3.0)

Ok, will do.

> and you shouldn't use a dot in the Debian specific part of the package
> version, it's not an NMU after all.

Err, these are pre -1 versions, i could name them 0pre1 0pre2 or
something such, but 0.1, 0.2 seem nicer.

The -1 version will be the one uploading to unstable, not experimental.

Friendly,

Sven Luther