Re: Today's the day...

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 12:48, Sven Luther wrote:

> You cannot use xrandr with the 4.2.1 debian packages currently in
> sid/sarge. For that you need the experimental 4.3.0 packages. I don't
> know that debian ships the kdrive server, but i may be wrong.
>
> So for all practical purpose here, we can only have randr support with
> the 4.3.0 packages in experimental, unless someone packages standalone
> client side libraries or something such.
>
> Is this right then ? Or should i rebuild my gnome-randr-applet package
> against 4.2.1 xlibs and have it already included in debian/sid instead
> of having it waiting for the 4.3.0 packages to reach sid.

No, I just tried building it in a pbuilder sid chroot, and configure
failed with:

checking for XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate in -lXrandr... no
configure: error: "Suitable Xrandr extension library not found - you
need at least X 4.3"

But it doesn't seem to actually use XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate ...

Anyway, while we're at it, you can cut down the build dependencies to

Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.0.0), libgnomeui-dev,
libpanel-applet2-dev, libxrender-dev, xlibs-dev (>> 4.3.0)

and you shouldn't use a dot in the Debian specific part of the package
version, it's not an NMU after all.