Re: new file open dialog

> But before a flame war starts about this, please understand this is
> something people will never agree on. People have different work
> methodologies and are used to different ways of accomplishing what they
> need to do. This has been discussed ad naseum in different mailing lists
> (search the archives of the nautilus mailing lists, for example.)
>
> I personally think these buttons makes Linux a lot easier to use for the
> average user, Moms and grandmoms. If Linux is to reach to these users I
> think this has to be done. The important thing is that we have options:
> if I don't like what I see I can always run another desktop
> environmnent, or just don't use one at all :)

 Now this is going a bit far.  The aircraft sized buttons are bad since they
add inconsistancy into the gnome environment.  Try using text only buttons
and notice how the aircraft sized buttons still have pictures.  I actually
really like gnome 2 because it is simple and looks really nice.

 So the reasons to remove the patch are:
1) Makes gtk depend on a gconf(gnome) preference
2) Doesn't follow gnome conventions for buttons.

 The problem is with libgtk2.0-0 right?

> > _Far_ more useful would be a pop-down list of the last N directories you
> > used in the dialogue.
>
> Yeah, I agree.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eloy.-