Re: new file open dialog

Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:

> <quote who="Mpiktas">
>
>> After recent upgrade of my Sid box I noticed that file open dialog has
>> changed. Yet not long time ago people were moaning about it in
>> gnomedesktop.org and reply was that new file open dialog will appear only
>> Gnome 2.6. Have I missed something?
>
> Nothing has changed upstream. When GTK+/GNOME people talk about "the new
> file selector", they're talking about an infrastructure and GUI, not just
> the GUI. :-)
>
> Sounds like someone has added the XD2 file selector patch to the GTK+
> packages.

Yup, as Julien just pointed out, this seems to be the case. All I can
say is: thanks Akira! I don't care this is not officially in upstream
GTK+; it is just cool to have a more modern file selector now and not
have to wait for Gnome 2.6 :-)

Ahhh, the pleasure of having useful buttons in the file selector
dialog... home, desktop, documents. What else one can ask for? :)

Eloy.-