Re: new file open dialog

peloy@chapus.net (Eloy A. Paris) writes:
> Ahhh, the pleasure of having useful buttons in the file selector
> dialog... home, desktop, documents. What else one can ask for? :)

Actually those giant buttons seem like a waste of space -- home is
arguably useful, but `desktop' and `documents'?  Who on earth puts
anything there (I don't even _have_ a `documents' directory)?!?

And do they _really_ need icons the size of an aircraft carrier?

_Far_ more useful would be a pop-down list of the last N directories you
used in the dialogue.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.