Re: GDM 2.4 in sid

Ryan Murray <rmurray@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:09:48PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:

[...]

> Actively ? The last upload has been done the 4 Apr 2002. The BTS page
> for gdm contains :
>
> 6  important bugs
> 31 normal bugs
> 2  minor bugs
> 17 whishlist bugs

> None of which are RC.  None of which give you a reason to hijack the package.

GNOME 2 has been release 6 months ago, an we are still waiting for a new
gdm package.

> The last change in the BTS has been done the 6 Apr 2002 for bug #141184
> abd I don't see any reply to a bug since this date.

> Maybe you use a different BTS than I do, but I see activity from at
> least October 2002, and January 2003.

I've never received any reply to my bug #147637 filed 8 months ago...

> Then, tell me how you call that ?

> Why don't we stop worrying about what to call things (which benefits
> no one), and worry about RC FTBFS packages in the gnome2 dep chain.

I'm not concerned by that. All my packages are clean and if a receive a
FTBFS bug I upload a new package within 2 days.

> That benefits everyone.  I've had some of those bugs (which are of RC
> severity) ignored for 3 months, with uploads of "new upstream
> release" happening in the meantime.

I still don't see any good reason with the latest gdm isn't uploaded.

Christian