Re: GNOME-2 transition: necessary?

<quote who="Christian Marillat">

> > How about gnome-terminal ?
>
> Same. gnome-terminal 2 is really better than  1.4.

Holy cow.

That _doesn't_matter_! gnome-terminal 2 doesn't integrate into the dominant
GNOME desktop on sid user's machines at all. That alone is a major bug in
GNOME integration on sid. A *bug*. Bleeding-edge or not, no other
distribution would make an engineering, usability, stability or integration
choice like this one.

  It is a *dumb thing to do*.

Let users choose to upgrade to GNOME 2 components, please. Doing it
piecemeal is a horrible, horrible way to be handling this, for all of the
reasons I (and others) have outlined before.

> BTW, I've seen my 1.4 bugs forwarded to upstream tagged 2.0 some months
> ago, and now tagged 2.2...

These are mostly due to libzvt, which will be replaced in GNOME 2.2.

- Jeff

--
            ...                           *bounce*bounce*bounce*