Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 23:54, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> How about a gnome2 meta package that installed all of the desktop *2
> packages in the mean time, then after testing, rename all of the *2 files?
> Then you get user choice to start with, and the lovely upgrade when
> everyone's happy.

Having a metapackage is generally orthogonal to making upgrades easy,
since we have to support people who don't use the metapackage too.  Most
importantly, woody doesn't have either gnome or gnome2 metapackages, and
it's upgrades from woody we really want to support.

That being said, there is a first cut at GNOME 2 metapackages here:

deb http://people.debian.org/~walters/debian/local/ ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~walters/debian/local/ ./