Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

<quote who="Joe Drew">

> I like this idea, but think that if it's not going to be possible to
> have the *2 packages co-exist with the G1 packages, that the *2 packages
> should just be dropped altogether, even in experimental.

("desktop packages")

> What I'd like to be able to do is point my apt repository at experimental,
> say "dist-upgrade," and given that I've been running G1, suddenly be
> running G2D. This'd make people who want to test G2D much happier, as it'd
> be entirely straightforward. As long as we wrote all over it "YOU WON'T BE
> ABLE TO RUN GNOME 1 ANYMORE" it should be acceptable.

How about a gnome2 meta package that installed all of the desktop *2
packages in the mean time, then after testing, rename all of the *2 files?
Then you get user choice to start with, and the lovely upgrade when
everyone's happy.

- Jeff

--
    "Ever had a morning where you were not kissed and told 'I love you,'
       when the night before you SCREWED so wildly that you could not