Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 21:45, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Joe Drew">
>
> > Would these types of problems exist if the only GNOME available were
> > GNOME 2?
>
> Absolutely.
>
> The release we made recently was the "GNOME 2.0 Desktop & Developer
> Platform". It does not cover Fifth Toe, GNOME Office, or other applications.
> Evolution, Abiword, Gnumeric, Grip, GnomeICU, and many other G1 apps will
> still be in use with G2D.
>
> All of these suffer from migration issues - when you change themes with G2D,
> none of your GTK+/GNOME 1 applications change to reflect that, and so on.

Well, these types of issues are to be expected. I am personally more
concerned with something either not working at all or malfunctioning
because (a component of) G2D isn't what is expected. Nautilus, the
panel, control-center, and other core parts of G2D are what worry me.

BTW: Why would file-roller be so important to G2D, and how would its
prescence or lack thereof affect things?

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.