Re: OTB

Thanks Johan and Bas. I will stick to same version for ubuntugis also.

As you all know 6S was not included because of having no license.

What will be a possible options that allows to have this activated in OTB?

Could we package it as new libsixs package or something ?
Here the problem is again with license

Note that we are using a generated C source of original 6S code which was in fortran. I can check which tool has been used in past for generating c source from fortran by OTB.

As we are unable to provide an mail exchange from 6S authors regarding its usage in OTB and now developers tried contacting the authors again. Still there is zero response. We might be able to produce an exception or may be never.

http://modis-sr.ltdri.org/pages/6SCode.html

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 30-12-15 18:57, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
>> I want to copy packaging of OTB from DebianGIS to UbuntuGIS. the targeted
>> distros are precise, vivd, willy. I had read and understood the recommended
>> naming for ubunutgis ppa.
>>
>> Now earlier, OTB has 6S enabled in ubunutgis ppa without any issue. As it
>> does not have a license available this was removed from debian packages.
>>
>> My question is what is the preferred way to achieve this goal ?
>
> Leave 6S out for UbuntuGIS too, so you don't need a different upstream
> tarball.
I'd also recommend using the same version for Debian and Ubuntu. That
way all testing is done on the same  version. The version of OTB which
was uploaded to debian will probably be part of the next LTR of
ubuntu, so I prefer that version to be well tested by different users.

Kind Regards,
Johan

--
Regards,