Re: upgrade orfeotoolbox to 5.0

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 28-09-15 21:04, Rashad M wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Bas Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> On 2015-09-28 10:13, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
>>> On 2015-09-28 09:51, Rashad M wrote:
> Q: currently I haven't done moving shared library into separate package. I
> hope to do that after getting the packages into experimental. Is that
> okay?.

That's not smart, because the new binary packages will have to pass the
NEW queue again. Having two subsequent uploads pass the NEW queue is not
a wise use of time.

> Splitting files into separate .install is easy but I need to build
> the dependencies in the control file. This seems not trivial... unless I am
> missing something.

dh_makeshlibs and ${shlibs:Depends} in control take care of that. If you
use to the tooling for its intended purpose you don't need to set manual
dependencies on shared libraries.

I am not clear about this. If libotbX depends on libotbY, libotbZ then I need to mention them precisely in the control file. This is the case of otb-bin and otb-bin-qt now.

Does shlibs:Depends takes care of the correct dependencies and not more. I mean only those required by libotbX.

> Q: What all should be done other than symbols file

Address all remaining serious lintian issues.

I don't have other serious lintian issues. There is one that says package name does not correspond to the shared libs .....

Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

--
Regards,
   Rashad