Re: upgrade orfeotoolbox to 5.0

On 2015-09-28 09:51, Rashad M wrote:
I had added .symbols file for libotb package.

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/otb.git/commit/?id=9d06c6e9fcf334e283decc8918559d5d368d85d0

If this seems okay I will add do the same for libotb-commandline,
libotb-apps etc..

Can you have a look?

Since you're not using pkgkde-symbolshelper optional/template symbols aren't marked as such, this will cause FTBFS on other architectures. If you want to use symbols files for C++ projects you need to use pkgkde-symbolshelper and override dh_makeshlibs to use -c0 to not fail the build when symbols change. This method requires uploads to experimental first to gather the symbols for the other architectures. See for example this commit that implemented symbols handling with pkgkde-symbolshelper for the mapserver package: