Re: upgrade orfeotoolbox to 5.0

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 04-09-15 19:29, Rashad M wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 04-09-15 16:11, Rashad M wrote:
>>> FYI, svn trunk now shows MIT license -
>>> http://svn.osgeo.org/ossim/trunk/ossim/LICENSE.txt
>>
>> Are the more details about the OTB license change elsewhere?
>>

> sorry. I wasn't clear before. the change of above license was for OSSIM not
> OTB. I noted because currently Modules/ThirdParty/OssimPlugins/src/ossim is
> using upstream license with an indication that full license text will be
> found in LICENSE.txt file. Since next release of ossim this will ve changed
> and maybe the files in Modules/ThirdParty/OssimPlugins/src/ossim

Yes, I misread the ossim/otb bit.

> But there has been on going work on moving OTB license to Apache 2.0! .

That's cool too :-)

>>> I can include this detail in the comment section. would that be
>> sufficient?
>>
>> A comment for the ITK derived files is an option, but not strictly
>> required.
>>
>> The Comment or Source field in the copyright header does still need to
>> document why 6S and SuperBuild are excluded.
>>

> I will add that. Exclusion of 6S  sources are discussed in list beofre. So
> I am not copy pasting here. For SuperBuild, there are patches directory in
> SuperBuild/patches which contains some specific patch for dependencies.
> currently it is a mix and excluding superbuild completely seems an easy
> pick.
>
> As you said, I will include this information in copyright.
>
> Thanks again for reviewing OTB.

I've pushed some more license & copyright changes, the copyright files
is nearly done. I've added two TODOs that still need some work. The
first is for the explanation for the repacking, the other is for the
missing ITCopyright.txt that is used for quite a number of files. I
didn't find the ITCopyright.txt in the otb git repository history, it
may never have been included. Since the files are licensed under the
CeCILL-2.0 if the ITCopyright.txt cannot be found the separate Files
section can be merged in the general Files: * section.

I had checked about ITCopyright with the team and this file is in OTB under  the name GETCopyright.txt in OTB/Copyright directory.

Is it possible to mention this in debain/copyright? For future releases I will push the fix onto upstream.

Please have a look at these, I'll get back to you after the build is done.

Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

--
Regards,
   Rashad