Re: Merging GRASS upstream packaging with DebianGIS

On 28-07-15 13:41, Ivan Mincik wrote:
> On 28.07.2015 12:49, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 28-07-15 12:21, Ivan Mincik wrote:
>>> I am still stuck in a problem. I have changed package name to
>>> 'grass-daily' and trying to rebuild package using pbuilder and
>>>  git-buildpackage and failing on following problem:
>
>>> # install pkg-config file install -m 644 grass.pc
>>> debian/grass-daily-dev/usr/share/pkgconfig/grass71.pc install:
>>>  cannot create regular file
>>> 'debian/grass-daily-dev/usr/share/pkgconfig/grass71.pc': No
>>> such file or directory
>
>>> Any ideas ?
>
>> If the grass.pc is created during the build you may need to
>> create the directory first.
>
>> install -o root -g root -m 755 -d
>> debian/$(PKG_NAME)-dev/usr/share/pkgconfig
>
> Yes, I was thinking about creating dir manually, but I don't
> understand why the same 'install' line is working in
> 'experimental' branch or in current packaging which upstream is
> using (grass7 package). So I was expecting the problem on my side,
> unless some change of handling  'grass.pc' file was done on
> upstream side. According GRASS changelog, last change of 'grass.pc'
> file was done on 2014-11-17.
>

>> You can debug which files are available after the build by
>> adding a find statement before the install command:
>
>> find $(CURDIR) -type f | sort
>
>> This will list all files under the source package directory to
>> double check if the files the installation expects are really
>> available.
>
> I was using 'tree' command to inspect files. Everything I have
> discovered was that I have only 'debin/grass-daily-dev' directory
> with no other content inside (no /usr/share/pkgconfig). Who was
> creating them until now ?

The directory is created by debian/grass-dev.dirs in the experimental
branch, you need to rename these to match the -dev package name for
GRASS 7.1: debian/grass-daily-dev.dirs. Please note that you need to
rename more than this file for the -dev package.

- --