Re: Merging GRASS upstream packaging with DebianGIS

On 28.07.2015 12:49, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 28-07-15 12:21, Ivan Mincik wrote:
>> I am still stuck in a problem. I have changed package name to
>> 'grass-daily' and trying to rebuild package using pbuilder and
>> git-buildpackage and failing on following problem:
>
>> # install pkg-config file install -m 644 grass.pc
>> debian/grass-daily-dev/usr/share/pkgconfig/grass71.pc install:
>> cannot create regular file
>> 'debian/grass-daily-dev/usr/share/pkgconfig/grass71.pc': No such
>> file or directory
>
>> Any ideas ?
>
> If the grass.pc is created during the build you may need to create
> the directory first.
>
> install -o root -g root -m 755 -d
> debian/$(PKG_NAME)-dev/usr/share/pkgconfig

Yes, I was thinking about creating dir manually, but I don't
understand why the same 'install' line is working in 'experimental'
branch or in current packaging which upstream is using (grass7
package). So I was expecting the problem on my side, unless some
change of handling  'grass.pc' file was done on upstream side.
According GRASS changelog, last change of 'grass.pc' file was done on
2014-11-17.

> You can debug which files are available after the build by adding
> a find statement before the install command:
>
> find $(CURDIR) -type f | sort
>
> This will list all files under the source package directory to
> double check if the files the installation expects are really
> available.

I was using 'tree' command to inspect files. Everything I have
discovered was that I have only 'debin/grass-daily-dev' directory with
no other content inside (no /usr/share/pkgconfig). Who was creating
them until now ?

> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

- --