Re: Merging GRASS upstream packaging with DebianGIS

On 21.07.2015 12:11, sebastic wrote:
> On 2015-07-21 11:26, Ivan Minčík wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:02 AM, sebastic <sebastic@xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:

>>> All branches used for the upstream GRASS packaging should be
>>> prefixed with 'grass/' to distinguish it from the packaging
>>> branches for Debian and UbuntuGIS.
>>>
>>> See also the related documentation in the Debian GIS Policy:
>>>

>>> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/repositories.html#other-git-branches

Sebastiaan, thank you very much for your quick response. So I will create
>> branch 'grass/daily' or rather 'grass/ubuntu/daily' ?
>
> I don't think the ubuntu string is needed in the branch name, so
> the former is better.
>
> If the packages will be built with git-buildpackage I suggest the
> to mirror the typical gbp layout:
>
> grass/master grass/pristine-tar grass/upstream

Hi Bas, I am trying to finish my packaging for GRASS daily builds. I
am using 'grass/master' and 'grass/upstream' branches as you proposed,
but I am not sure about 'grass/pristine-tar'. There is no
configuration in 'gbp.conf' to specify 'pristine-tar' branch. Is it
really needed ? If yes, do you have any advice how to configure it ?

> Since the upstream GRASS code includes a debian directory, a
> single branch should be sufficient, but it's not compatible with
> git-buildpackage (by default at least).
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

- --