Re: osgEarth 2.5

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 06:28:51PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Well, IMHO even in the case we can not deliver all the time the latest
> release we do a service to our users anyway since I assume not all of
> them will do the needed migration process on their own and rather go
> with whatever we are able to deliver.  (But I might be wrong.)

Most of the users I know will use just the latest version.
Any old version is considered obsoleted and updating to the
newest and greatest is encouraged in order to avoid many pitfalls with both main
features and plugins.

Basically, this is something very different from the case
of iceweasel: in that case using an old version (e.g. 24 instead of 27) is not
such a burden at features level. Qgis is something that radically evolves at
every new release.