Re: osgEarth 2.5

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 04:52:37PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 04:29:37PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the current goal for Qgis is releasing
> > three times per year (!) which implies that I seriously doubt
> > we have any possibility to release a practically useful qgis version
> > in stable, any time from now. This has been a chronic problem
> > with qgis for years, but now it has become a certainty.
> >
> > The most useful package for that is a roll-on package as provided by
> > jef in qgis.org under those regards (which is indeed broken from time
> > to time and not always available for stable).
> >
> > I often need to build from scratch using the source package, which
> > is sub-optimal under any regards. And I do not take in consideration
> > problems in packaging quality and policy compliance here...
>
> What about backports.debian.org?

Right, I was talking about my own problem of having in sid an up-to-date
package. About backports.d.o, consider that waiting for testing migration
for backporting in many cases is already too long. We had Qgis stalled
for months out of testing in the past due to the long chain of dependencies.
I'm not sure at all that four months are enogh to ensure proper packaging,
testing migration of the whole package set and backporting. Too bad.