Re: osgEarth 2.5

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 05:31:34PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > What about backports.debian.org?
>
> Right, I was talking about my own problem of having in sid an up-to-date
> package. About backports.d.o, consider that waiting for testing migration
> for backporting in many cases is already too long. We had Qgis stalled
> for months out of testing in the past due to the long chain of dependencies.
> I'm not sure at all that four months are enogh to ensure proper packaging,
> testing migration of the whole package set and backporting. Too bad.

Well, IMHO even in the case we can not deliver all the time the latest
release we do a service to our users anyway since I assume not all of
them will do the needed migration process on their own and rather go
with whatever we are able to deliver.  (But I might be wrong.)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de