Re: osgEarth 2.5

On 02/21/2014 11:29 PM, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 08:36:17PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> QGIS is the only reverse dependency of osgEarth currently. Since qgis
>> 2.0.1-2 was only accepted into unstable yesterday, uploading osgEarth
>> 2.5 right now seems a bit early.
>
> Did you consider experimental for uploading? That would allow at
> least find major building issues sooner than later.

Because qgis is the only reverse dependency of osgearth I don't think
uploading osgearth and qgis to experimental first is required.

I have already build qgis 2.0.1-2 successfully with the osgearth
2.5.0+dfsg-1 packages from my personal APT repo. It builds fine with the
globe plugin enabled on amd64 and i386.

Uploading at least osgearth to experimental is probably a good idea just
to be sure it builds on all other architectures too (except hurd-i386
where its build dependencies are unsatisfied because openscenegraph FTBFS).

Because building qgis takes such a long time, I want to keep rebuilds of
it to a minimum. I can build qgis on kfreebsd, armhf and mipsel before
uploading osgearth to cover some more architectures, but I can't build
it on all beforehand.