Re: osgEarth 2.5

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 04:22:09PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

> Uploading to experimental at least once is also good to collect the
> symbols for the other architectures. So I've updated the package for
> experimental using a more appropriate package version, and requested
> sponsorship (#739732).
>
> It's also good to start tagging the releases in git _after_ its been
> uploaded to the archive (and not just mentors).
>
> Kind Regards,

Unfortunately, the current goal for Qgis is releasing
three times per year (!) which implies that I seriously doubt
we have any possibility to release a practically useful qgis version
in stable, any time from now. This has been a chronic problem
with qgis for years, but now it has become a certainty.

The most useful package for that is a roll-on package as provided by
jef in qgis.org under those regards (which is indeed broken from time
to time and not always available for stable).

I often need to build from scratch using the source package, which
is sub-optimal under any regards. And I do not take in consideration
problems in packaging quality and policy compliance here...

Myabe, we should consider to release qgis for main architectures only
to reduce problems due to building on exotic platforms (for qgis and its
long list of deps).